History of Doringkloof and the Medical Centre
Daniel Elardus Erasmus was a member of the Voortrekker Erasmus clan. As owners of extensive tracts of land and great herds of livestock, they were important members of the community. When Daniel Elardus died in 1875 his 5136 hectare farm Doornkloof was inherited by his three sons.
The 2,4 km2 township Doringkloof was proclaimed in August 1970. It covers 230 hectares of ground between the original estate’s northern boundary and the village of Irene.
By the end of 1975 the township had grown to 1 000 houses, several blocks of flats and a large shopping centre. By 2011 the population had grown to 4 901 with 1 612 households. In August 2015, 45 years later, the “Doringkloof Medical Centre” was opened with various disciplines to serve the community.
Situated at the Doringkloof Mall - Doringkloof Mall is a friendly neighbourhood centre with a variety of stores to excite any shopper. Situated just off the Botha Avenue on/off ramp, the mall is conviniently located on Aster Avenue with easy highway and neighbourhood access. The centre offers free open air parking to shoppers with easy access to all the facilities of the centre.
The choices include food, decor, beauty, lifestyle and services, catering to all your personal or business needs.
The Mall trading hours are as follows:
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday & Public Holidays: 9am - 1pm
Information obtained from the internet and the book Irene by Nigel Helme
This site requires Flash Player
Click icon to download for free
DORINGKLOOF MEDICAL CENTRE
6 Aster Avenue
Tel: (012) 667 2550/1
Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved. Doringkloof Medical Centre
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL HEALTHCARE